WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
CAPE COD LOSS TEAM
(Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors)
LOSS Team Volunteers:
- Meet with those bereaved by suicide in the immediate hours or days following a death to offer support and share community resources.
- Provide a compassionate presence that fosters hope and mitigates the effects of acute trauma.
- Are present with others to provide empathy, normalize grief, and offer hope.
- Are either loss survivors who have done their own grief work or caring individuals who have not experienced a loss to suicide but who have experience in support roles.
- Work with program staff to determine volunteer hours based on their availability.
- Driver’s license
- Background check
- Must be at least 18
- Proximity to Cape service area
- Initial interview and training
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE, EMAIL